See Easy-to-make chocolate cake recipe, and simply omit the cocoa powder
- 1 punnet of strawberries
- 1 banana
- 100g dairy-free dark chocolate
- 1x 85g packet of vegan strawberry jelly crystals
- 525g soya custard
- Make the trifle base by following the Easy-to-make chocolate cake recipe and leaving out the cocoa powder.
- When cool, slice the sponge cake into ‘fingers’ and place them in a layer at the bottom of the bowl.
- Wash and remove any stalks and leaves from the strawberries, then arrange them in a layer of strawberries over the sponge cake.
- Prepare jelly according to the instructions on the packet, and pour it over the strawberries and sponge. Leave it to cool and then place it in fridge until the jelly has set.
- Once set, cut up the banana and arrange it on top of the jelly and then cover with custard. Take the chocolate bar and use a vegetable peeler to grate chocolate swirls for the top.